Thursday, September 30, 2010

The latest

The Drs. say some of the paperwork has come in but not all. They want me to take another cycle of chemo and have another CT scan. They have a TENTATIVE admission date of oct. 18th. They are stressing the tentative.
So, who the heck knows.
Take care,

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The mystery is so mysterious!

I know nothing!!!!!Nothing!!!!!! That's fine- I'm going to take up drinkin and gamblin. These life lessons can bite me!

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Crickets Chirping......

So the Bone Marrow center has not given the final clearance for my donor. The reasons are unknown at this point. It may be a paperwork glitch or it may be a problem. My back up donor also has some problems .........
so I am not shaving my head tonite (actually Bridget is not shaving...) I am not going into the hospital tomorrow and I am on hold for maybe a short time, maybe a long time. It is a big mystery.
I hope you all are enjoying the suspense as much as I am!
In the meantime my Dean (awesome Cliff Haury) and my colleagues and family are just rolling with it.
Stay tuned!!!

Monday, September 27, 2010

so pretty!

It's like a dream come true...

Still no confirmation on the approval from the Bone Marrow Center. I'm not shaving my head till I see a signature! So it's still a big maybe for sure perhaps possible looks good kinda deal.

Friday, September 24, 2010

It's a go...maybe??

According to my pre-transplant coordinator we have an e-mail stating donor approval but the big Bone Marrow Transplant Center has not signed off on it yet. This is as far as I got last time. I'll share when I know more. I'm proceeding "as if" everything is on.....maybe.
My test at VCU was quick! No math, no science!!!

Thursday, September 23, 2010

No News

I just heard from my Pre-transplant coordinator that I won't hear today about the donor. They would like me to come in tomorrow for more tests. I just hope they aren't math tests!!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Thanks to my Buds

I'm still waiting on the final word re my donor. I told my drawing class good bye tonight. It was hard- it makes it more real. I'll meet my other classes one more time. I've been getting copies of notes you all have sent to my brother and I feel very, very grateful for your friendship and support. You've shown me amazing kindness and I'm thankful for it.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Getting Ready

I'm packing clothes and scrubbing out my vases to take to Richmond with me, working in the garden, potting stuff to send away, doing laundry, returning library books, finishing things.
James is in florida seeing his Mom before the transplant.
I'm loving my IPAD. I'm all apple all the time now. I told my bone marrow doc about it and he was jazzed.
I'm on 4 new meds- anti viral ant fungal. One of them was giving me hallucinations when I closed my eyes. They were beautiful but kept me awake and apparently hallucinations aren't a good thing (who knew?) so I'm off that (VFEND) and will try something else on monday.
I worked this week with Bridget on her and Ian's porch. We tiled her design and it is gorgeous.
Take care,

Friday, September 17, 2010

Donor Tested

The donor had blood tests this week. the results will be in by Sept. 23rd (hopefully). If all goes well I'll enter the hospital on Sept. 29th, have a madcap week of xtreme chemo and then transplant on Oct 7th.
I had a bunch of tests in Richmond yesterday- always a treat!

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Things Are Still On track

So far things are still moving towards the Sept 29th Hospital date. I start a new round of Chemo on tuesday and go to Richmond for pre-transplant bloodwork on Sept. 16th. Yikes to the fifth power!

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Donor resurfaces

I received this message today:
"The POTENTIAL donor has agreed to donate!
This 39 yo Male is in the process of having labwork and his history and physical scheduled and done.
We have been told to expect Donor Clearance 9/23.
The tentative time frame, pending FINAL DONOR CLEARANCE is:
Admit 9/29
Transplant 10/7 "
So IF the tests are all ok I have a date. My last two donors didn't make it past the final testing so it's still a possible date- not cast in stone.