Monday, November 5, 2018

Update

Hi,
I just finished my latest chemo round and visited Dr. Ballan at UVA's Bone Marrow Transplant Unit. The plan is to look for donors in earnest with a goal of having a second transplant in Mid-January. I had hoped to somehow avoid this, but it's happening. No new science is going to pop in and save the day. So I'm moving forward- preparing and working with James and my family and friends to get ready. I'll have the transplant at UVA and God willing be back home after a month in the hospital. The recovery will take a while, I'm hoping for the best, of course. There's not much data on second transplants so it's uncharted territory. I'm counting on you all to help me and James get through this.
I'll update as I know more.
B

3 comments:

  1. We're right there with you...whenever you need us. ��������

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Buds. I'll def need you. xox

    ReplyDelete