Thursday, January 24, 2019

Hey Buds

Hi,
I've had a busy few days. Yesterday I had an EKG, Chest Xray, chemo and met with HR. I gotta say, PVCC takes care of it's people.  Today it was the dentist and a bone marrow biopsy. They had to do it twice- my aspirate (???) was being uncooperative. James is talking with my transplant doc, Dr. Ballen about the counts. Hopefully last weeks new cycle of chemo, which I tolerated well, brought my blasts down. The immediate goal is to keep me from going to Leukemia, which is a whole other thing. We'll know some numbers in a few days. In the meantime I'm proceeding as if we are on track. I had a photo of Thomas blown up for my hospital room and I have another poster of Me and James and "the kids" from the last transplant. I bought some cute PJ's and my friend Rebekah gave me some cutish floral crocs as slippers. You know how I feel about crocs but they are floral and comfy so I'm going to try to be open minded. (my current slippers are paint spattered)
I haven't worn them yet- they are reserved for the event.  My happy drugs are wearing off so I'm going to do some errands. I bought new covers and blankets for the guest room. It's looking amazing.
I'm going to include the photo of Thomas I blew up. Did I mention I have a new grand baby on the way?? They're going to come into this world the day before my transplant, I'ma need a poster of the child. My guess, looking at Katie and Lyle, it's going to be beautiful and smart. I'll include pics if I can.
Take care
Beryl 3.0 (thanks Laura, for the new name- I'm going to put it on my business cards)

1 comment: