Thursday, June 27, 2019

HOUSTON.......WE HAVE A PLAN!

Hi,
So the Houston Trip was fruitful. I had a biopsy done there and spoke with the doc about options. He had several. He called me with the test results and  my counts have risen (not good). BUT he had a great plan for me. He said to get to Houston asap and he would put me in a really good trial. The trial is specifically for people who had MDS and moved into Leukemia. (me!) The trial is the combination of two FDA approved drugs for Leukemia. They are both pretty good (50%) remission rate) separately, BUT together they have a 50-70% remission rate. So both drugs have already been FDA approved but only recently used together in the trial setting. So it's a relatively safe trial with very optimistic outcomes. I don't think I could ask for better than that. The plan is for us to go to Houston on Sunday, I'll have tests for 2 days to make sure of my health, and then go in the hospital on Weds. I will stay in the hospital for a month for close observation. If anything goes south, they'll be on top of it. James will be staying in a hotel across the street from the hospital that is actually owned by the hospital. It is attached by a pedestrian bridge. It is a comfy room with a kitchen so he'll have a close place to sleep and be at my beck and call! He'll be working with his clients after the first week and I'll continue teaching on-line from the hospital. It's really kind of amazing. 
I'm not sure if I'll be going back to Houston for a few days a month or what. I'll learn more next week and of course things will unfold as they will. When I am in remission, I will go into transplant at UVA. The protocol there should be the same. A month in the hospital and then home for the long recovery. 
I have a lot of support from family and friends and am extremely lucky to have such good insurance, a great job and wonderful colleagues/friends. I am VERY lucky. Thomas has promised to facetime with me and read books about the Paw Patrol to me. I'm also open to dinosaur and truck books. I feel very optimistic. MD Anderson is the best cancer hospital in the country and they are working closely with UVA and my doc, Michael Douvas. I have been incredibly fortunate to have this level and care. From the receptionists to the nurses to the docs- really amazing. Of course James is by my side- taking care of business and making sure I have whatever I need. I feel very lucky and very prepared for this....whatever it is. In the meantime, look at this pic of Rowan. She's almost 5 months old and already has a bold sense of style! Isn't she freekin adorable?  Please hold me in light and imagine me in health and strength. Thank you for holding me in your hearts. Love, Beryl

8 comments:

  1. you and Rowan are BOTH freeking adorable! and amazing! Now we can all breathe again -- we have a plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an old space program geek, I look forward to "Houston,we no longer have a problem"!!
    With much love,
    Bob and Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are on the move to the future off the best person I know strong and beautiful Rowan has a lot to look forward
    to you are the best roll model love you .
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  4. You *are* the light. See you in a month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOW I GOT MY LOAN FROM THIS GREAT COMPANY

    Hello my dear people, I am Linda McDonald, currently living in Austin Texas, USA. I am a widow at the moment with three kids and i was stuck in a financial situation in April 2019 and i needed to refinance and pay my bills. I tried seeking loans from various loan firms both private and corporate but never with success, and most banks declined my credit ,do not full prey to those hoodlums at there that call them self-money lender they are all scam , all they want is your money and you well not hear from them again they have done it to me twice before I met Mr. David Wilson the most interesting part of it is that my loan was transfer to me within 74hours so I will advise you to contact Mr. David if you are interested in getting loan and you are sure you can pay him back on time you can contact him via email……… (davidwilsonloancompany4@gmail.com) No credit check, no cosigner with just 2% interest rate and better repayment plans and schedule if you must contact any firm with reference to securing a loan without collateral then contact Mr. David Wilson today for your loan

    They offer all kind of categories of loan they

    Short term loan (5_10years)
    Long term loan (20_40)
    Media term loan (10_20)
    They offer loan like
    Home loan............., Business loan........ Debt loan.......
    Student loan.........., Business startup loan
    Business loan......., Company loan.............. etc
    Email..........( davidwilsonloancompany4@gmail.com)
    When it comes to financial crisis and loan then David Wilson loan financial is the place to go please just tell him I Mrs. Linda McDonald direct you Good Luck.......................

    ReplyDelete