Friday, March 27, 2020

Home Sweet Home!!!

Hi,
OMG Spring is gorgeous here. At MD Anderson, the halls and clinics are filled with gorgeous photos and paintings of flowers and gorgeous, verdant landscapes. Everytime James and I walk through the halls we say "Virginia, Virginia etc". All of the photos look like Virginia in the spring and summer. Now I am steeping in it!
Thanks to my dear friends and family who sent me pics of my yard and neighborhood. Gorgeous! I am SO happy to be home!!!!
I spoke with my Texas Doc today and he said the results of the biopsy were mixed and he was optimistic. He said it's a slow medicine and they expect the biopsy after the third treatment will tell the story. I don't have to go back for a month and if the virus is still rampant, I can have the biopsy here or skip it altogether. They can mail me the drugs and I can get monitored by my team at UVA. I missed them- they are efficient and kind and so knowledgable.
We are unpacking and doing laundry. James is going to suit up (mask and gloves) and venture out to the stores.
Weirdly, in the airport, not many people were wearing masks. James and I were wearing two masks (not kidding) and he sanitized EVERYTHING. If I get the virus, it won't be due to a lack of extreme caution.
Lyle rode his bike over today and tested out the bike seat for Rowan. He was diligent about the social distancing. I'm glad he took the lead- it was hard for me. I'm fine in the world but the kids are a challenge.
So, I am optimistic and feeling good. Slow and steady.

Take care,
Beryl

6 comments:

  1. Lyle is a different man with a baby on his lap. Rosenberg DNA is marching into the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home. SO happy for you! Love the photo of sweet Lyle and Rowan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sweet- I love seeing him with her. xoxo

      Delete
  3. So glad you are back safe and sound! Great that you have the alternative to get the meds sent here. So step by step as the science changes you persevere. I'll bet two masks are needed. I have an extra N95 mask if you need. I bot it from Lowes before the onslot. Wonderful pic of Lyle and Rowan.. Is that one of your outfits???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi- yes- I am in it. No- that's not one of my outfits. I go for the florals- I can't help it!

      Delete