Wednesday, July 31, 2019

The future is clear

Hi,
So we met with the big doc (he is awesome) and he said my blasts went from 24 to 6 and that he believes the trajectory will continue downward. The plan is to go home tomorrow (AHHHHHHHH!!!!) and rest and recover and go back on Aug 19th-Aug 22 for 1 last out patient treatment. My counts need to recover before I can do a second dose. I will be seeing my cville doc for labs 3x a week.  For the next cycle- it will be 1 fewer treatment and smaller doses. Then in 4-5 weeks I should be ready for my transplant. I will be in complete remission which is ideal. Of course I asked if I could skip the transplant and he said no- the remission will only last a few months and then I'll have leukemia again. Just thought I'd ask. This is the best case scenario. I'll be at UVA for about a month and then home recovering for 3-6 months. (same as in Richmond in 2010).  I think the hardest part is over. It's a marathon.
So James and I are mostly packed up. Our niece, Maggie and her husband Matt and kids Kara and Lana came over for dinner. James was great with the kids and I got a chance to catch up with Maggie. She and Matt and their girls are wonderful and it was a pleasure to see them.
Needless to say, I can NOT wait to get home.
Ok- lights out!
xoB

9 comments:

  1. GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    John and I are SO happy for you and Jim. Great big hugs for you both. Safe travels back to your beautiful home. Give those sweet babies an extra kiss for us. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news, safe travels...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad all went well !! and that you are home now and enjoying your beautiful garden and playing with the Grandchildren .
    Love
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi- yes! I can't go into the garden until my immune system kicks in but it's mostly gorgeous. I am SO SO happy to be home!
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for visiting with us. Kara really enjoyed meeting you and Uncle Jim, she keeps talking about when we'll go see you again. We all love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love you too, Maggie- it was such a treat! You are a lucky woman and Matt and the girls are too! xoxox

      Delete
  5. HOW I GOT MY LOAN FROM THIS GREAT COMPANY

    Hello my dear people, I am Linda McDonald, currently living in Austin Texas, USA. I am a widow at the moment with three kids and i was stuck in a financial situation in April 2019 and i needed to refinance and pay my bills. I tried seeking loans from various loan firms both private and corporate but never with success, and most banks declined my credit ,do not full prey to those hoodlums at there that call them self-money lender they are all scam , all they want is your money and you well not hear from them again they have done it to me twice before I met Mr. David Wilson the most interesting part of it is that my loan was transfer to me within 74hours so I will advise you to contact Mr. David if you are interested in getting loan and you are sure you can pay him back on time you can contact him via email……… (davidwilsonloancompany4@gmail.com) No credit check, no cosigner with just 2% interest rate and better repayment plans and schedule if you must contact any firm with reference to securing a loan without collateral then contact Mr. David Wilson today for your loan

    They offer all kind of categories of loan they

    Short term loan (5_10years)
    Long term loan (20_40)
    Media term loan (10_20)
    They offer loan like
    Home loan............., Business loan........ Debt loan.......
    Student loan.........., Business startup loan
    Business loan......., Company loan.............. etc
    Email..........( davidwilsonloancompany4@gmail.com)
    When it comes to financial crisis and loan then David Wilson loan financial is the place to go please just tell him I Mrs. Linda McDonald direct you Good Luck.......................

    ReplyDelete