Monday, July 1, 2019

The plan begins tomorrow

Hi,
We spoke with the Doc after a day of tests.
I start the two drugs in a sequence for the first 5 days. Then that's it for taking the drugs. Then the drugs start doing their work and I am moved to an isolation unit because essentially I will have no immune system. They will keep me there for 20plus days until my counts come back up. If all goes well I will come home and possibly go into transplant if I am in remission. If I don't go into remission, I will come back to Texas for a month or so and get a second dose OR if the transplant isn't ready to go, I'll come back to Texas and have a smaller dose to keep me in remission. After the first 5 days (or so) I won't be able to have any visitors (even James). They say the biggest risk is infection and since they initiated this stricter protocol their infection rate has dropped 30% so I'm happy to comply.  It's interesting that they are stricter here than VCU was with visitors when I had my transplant there. 
The appts went very smoothly- they know what they are doing. 
So, that's the plan. I didn't expect them to be so strict about visitors but I definitely don't want infection. James and I can speak through a glass (like prison!) and I'm guessing we'll skype a lot. The Doc said I will lose weight and maybe/probably my hair. They said I should be fine for teaching on-line etc. I'm glad I'll have work to do. That and on-line shopping for my skinny new self. 
I'll keep you posted. 
Thanks for your energy and love.
Take care,
Beryl

3 comments:

  1. imagine -- planning for a month in the bubble. wow. do they sterilize your accoutrement or just worry about other humans? Hope you'll put me on your Duo or FB Chat list. I know it's scary for you, so I try not to let on that it's scary for me too. Love you sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is scary but I have James with me and he does his EMDR magic. I don't know if I would be able to do this without him. He'll be either with me (behind the glass) or close by. Do you facetime? I have the duo app I think but I haven't used it. I'm still teaching on-line which is a blessing. It takes up time and I forget where I am when I'm working. We are staying at the hotel attached to the hospital. They make things very convenient. Anyway, everyone here is either starting, midway through or completed their recovery. James and I talk to everyone. Home of the Brave. xo

      Delete
  2. HOW I GOT MY LOAN FROM THIS GREAT COMPANY

    Hello my dear people, I am Linda McDonald, currently living in Austin Texas, USA. I am a widow at the moment with three kids and i was stuck in a financial situation in April 2019 and i needed to refinance and pay my bills. I tried seeking loans from various loan firms both private and corporate but never with success, and most banks declined my credit ,do not full prey to those hoodlums at there that call them self-money lender they are all scam , all they want is your money and you well not hear from them again they have done it to me twice before I met Mr. David Wilson the most interesting part of it is that my loan was transfer to me within 74hours so I will advise you to contact Mr. David if you are interested in getting loan and you are sure you can pay him back on time you can contact him via email……… (davidwilsonloancompany4@gmail.com) No credit check, no cosigner with just 2% interest rate and better repayment plans and schedule if you must contact any firm with reference to securing a loan without collateral then contact Mr. David Wilson today for your loan

    They offer all kind of categories of loan they

    Short term loan (5_10years)
    Long term loan (20_40)
    Media term loan (10_20)
    They offer loan like
    Home loan............., Business loan........ Debt loan.......
    Student loan.........., Business startup loan
    Business loan......., Company loan.............. etc
    Email..........( davidwilsonloancompany4@gmail.com)
    When it comes to financial crisis and loan then David Wilson loan financial is the place to go please just tell him I Mrs. Linda McDonald direct you Good Luck.......................

    ReplyDelete