Friday, January 28, 2011

Day 92!!!

Hello Blog Buddies. I'm at Day 92! I saw the big cheese Doc yesterday and he said I'm doing well. I need to take a whole bunch of tests in the next few weeks including another bone marrow biopsy to see exactly where I am. Then he'll start the process of tapering off the meds based on the test outcomes. He said there's a fight going on between my blood types now- that's why my counts are low. As soon as my donors blood wins my blood type will change to the donors and my counts will go up. He says about 30 days after I'm of of the immune suppression drugs I can go home. I'll still be immune suppressed but I'll be on the way to building an immune system. That may take 6 months to 2 years- it depends so I'll be sporting the mask for some time. I def. want to go home!
My friend Silvia left this morning. She's been taking care of me since monday night. We've been such good friends for so long. It's been wonderful to spend time with her. She's GREAT caregiver and I'm grateful. She works harder than I do!!
Tomorrow is the day I quit one of my big drugs so I'm excited about that too. I'm going to walk the beast and do some push ups and sit ups then tackle some grading. I've started doing push ups which I really like. I do the girly kind but it still feels like a workout. I feel pressure to really work had at my recovery. I want to do everything I can to get back to my life!
My friend Jody, an excellent accupunturist, is my caregiver today. I enjoy our time together- she feels like a sister to me.
Be Well,
Beryl

No comments:

Post a Comment